Sunday, August 15, 2010

Checking in at long last!

As I was thinking back over the first half of 2010, I reflected on the Scripture and comments in my blog entry on January 1st.  I quote here:

I am going to use the ESV Bible (English Standard Version) for my readings this year. I appreciate the clarity of this recent translation.

"Your words were found, and I ate them,
and your words became to me a joy
and the delight of my heart,
for I am called by your name,
O LORD, God of hosts."
~ Jeremiah 15:16 ~ (ESV)

So, ultimately, I guess I am aiming for the joy and delight found in God and in His Word. That will make for a wonderful 2010! :)  


Yes, it has been a continual joy and delight as I have been reading through His Word. ... God was/is always there in spite of the state of His people!

Reading through the history books of the Old Testament has been like reading the newspapers today.  How foolish mankind is to think that life can be lived apart from God.  Apart from Him, what a mess we make of things.

This little "nugget" I found in I Chronicles 22:12, David speaking to his son Solomon, sums up the overall truth that has impressed me.

"Now set your mind and heart to seek the Lord your God. ..."

Wow! ... Having that as my goal will surely prioritize everything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment