Saturday, October 24, 2009

God got my attention with a bumper sticker!

Today is a gloomy, rainy Saturday.
I am sick and on antibiotics, but I made myself go out to do some necessary errands. The news came on the radio, and, hearing the re-hash of all that is going on, made me feel worse than I did already! As I pulled out of the library parking lot I saw the red light at the intersection around the corner and applied my brakes. How thankful I am for that red light because having to stop enabled me to read the bumper sticker on the car in front of me. ...

It said ... "RELAX - God is in control."

As the light turned green I wished I could thank the driver of the car. Wow! - It was the shortest green light interval I ever remember at that intersection. That driver and I were stopped again. I put my car in park, got out and walked up to the driver's window and knocked. He looked at me quizzically, but rolled down his window. I said, "I want to thank you for the message on your bumper sticker. I needed that!" He smiled the biggest, happiest smile I have seen in a long time and said to me with a comforting Haitian accent, "You are very welcome!"

I walked back to my car thanking God for His message through that dear man.

No comments:

Post a Comment